Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have been a crafter for most of my life, and have been sewing since I was in 4-H as a youngster. (Those years are getting farther and farther away.)  Many thanks to my Mom and Millie Hoag for all their patience and instruction!  I sewed off and on over the years as an adult, most often to make some crazy costume or outfit for school - I am a teacher.   About 2 years ago, I decided I was going to renew my sewing passion and started quilting.  It is a new found love!  

These are some of the projects I have completed over the last year.  


Quilt I made for a raffle to raise funds for the Michael J. Foxx Foundation  Feb 2010


Laptop bag I made to protect my new laptop in my backpack before I headed to AZ in June 2010.

 Baby quilt for my Grandneice, Emily.  Her family LOVES the beach and the Jersey Shore so I snatched up the beach fabric in the center of the blocks when I saw it at a JoAnns in AZ.



It was the year of new babies at work this year.  The Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt was made for baby Michael. He was born in June? (maybe the end of May), but his quilt wasn't done until August, 2010.

 The Jungle Animals panel became a quilt for Luca, another beautiful baby boy born summer of 2010.  This was an August finish as well.

 This log cabin quilt from Quilt in A Day was a donation for a silent auction to raise money for our local food pantry.  September 2010.
 My Granddaughter Madison was the recipient of the little Strawberry Shortcake and St. Patrick's day dress.  I got to use some of the fancy stitching on my Babylock for the trim around the big white collar.

 Couldn't resist when I saw the one year old fabric!  This was Madison's birthday dress made from a pattern my Mom used when my sister was a baby! (early 1960's)

This was the first baby quilt for someone at work.  Ava arrived in Sept 2009, but I didn't get it all together until April 2010.  I used the card trick pattern on this one. 



This was my first attempt at a photo/memory quilt.  It is a wall hanging I made as a retirement gift for our school Superintendent in June 2010.  I didn't use a pattern, but just randomly cut the blocks to go around the photos.  I was very pleased with the way it came out.  :-)






As I am chronicling these projects I am pretty shocked at how many there are!  I have several more on my camera, but they need to be uploaded.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment